Each year the New England Ski Museum makes modest grants to support the future of winter sports under a program named for a long-time ski industry leader and Museum board member. The Cal Conniff Grant Program is open to individuals, organizations and educational institutions with an interest in winter sports, such as alpine and nordic skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing. Anyone who can demonstrate the need for funding for the purposes of education, preservation of skiing history, encouraging winter sports participation, or other involvement in snow sports is eligible.
Simple instructions on applying are now posted, and all materials are due by February 5, 2013. Awards are announced at the Friday evening reception at the Hannes Schneider Meister Cup Race in early March at Mount Cranmore, New Hampshire.
The selection process is conducted by the Museum’s Grant Committee on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis. The committee judges applications based on the following:
- the importance of the grant to the success of the proposed program;
- the proposal’s contribution to the preservation of winter sports history;
- the educational value of the proposal;
- the extent to which the project encourages skiing or snowboarding participation;
- the applicant’s degree of organization in the pursuit of the project.
The application process is kept purposefully informal. Applicants submit a letter that outlines a description of the project, its goals, the audience that it will impact, and the dollar amount requested. Supporting information for the application should include:
- resume (individuals) or organizational description (groups);
- two letters supporting the merits of the individual or program;
- representative photograph for publication if the applicant is successful;
- current contact information including e-mail and mailing addresses of the applicant.
Questions about the program or application materials should be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Cal Conniff Grant Committee
New England Ski Museum
PO Box 267
Franconia, NH 03580